Sunday, August 28, 2011

Make your own blinkie!!!!!

I am posting this tutorial here for those of you who would like to make your own blinkie with a copyable text box for your blog. The direct links to all the Pimp your Blog posts will be in that section so the tutorials are easy to find. Hope you like!

Yeah! Here is my first one!

How to make your own blinkie for your blog.

Here is my full size blinkie. I create it rather large because it is easy to edit. 300dpi for nice quality and about 1000 pixels wide. You need to change it after you are done so it will fit in sidebars. 175-200 pixels wide is what I usually do.
You need to go into the window panel and select animate to make it have actions.


click on the image above to open it full size so you can read my directions on the picture!

Once it is finished and you are ready to save it you HAVE to save it in the web and devices section to make it a gif.

Again click on image to read my instructions, he he!

Now go to your photobucket account and make an album for your blog so you can add goodies there and stay organized. Once you have uploaded and saved it, hover your mouse over it to see this:
 Now that pink part I circled is what you are going to add into your code. I have posted mine below for the blinkie I just created but you are going to have to change the code to your own. I should have color coded it sorry but the code you are going to slip yours into is in yellow below. Be careful, change only the code between the comas starting at http and ending after your code gif. If you miss one comma it won't work.

The pink part in this picture is your blog url. You need to change that as well. Just change the url, no comas etc.

I am pasting my full blinkie code here but in this text box, the full code you see above will be in it. SO all you have to do is COPY THE CODE IN THIS TEXT BOX, go into your dashboard and click on add a gadget add html code and copy this code into it. THEN YOU HAVE TO EDIT IT. Just change the url to your own in BOTH SPOTS, then go to your photobucket page and copy YOUR DIRECT CODE YOU YOUR BLINKIE and paste it into the yellow sections, making sure to remove mine first. Click save and you have your own copyable blinkie! Congrats!


Grab the Code!



IF YOU LIKED THIS TUTORIAL PLEASE PASTE MY BLINKIE INTO YOUR SIDEBAR AND PLEASE RESPECT MY COPYRIGHT AND EITHER POINT OTHERS IN MY DIRECTION TO LEARN THIS OR TAKE PHOTOS AND MAKE YOUR OWN TUTORIAL. MINE TOOK ME 2 HOURS TO CREATE. THANK YOU BUNCHES!!!!!XOXOXOX

Almost forgot! A GREAT BIG THANK YOU  goes out to my new blog buddy Cat for cluing me in on how I could get a screen capture on my mac while the menu bars were open in photoshop!!!! You are the best Catherine!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Janet said...

Love, love, love the new blog! I bookmarked the page...I have to admit I'm tempted to move over, but dreading the work! I already have my name saved here...grrrr. I chose wrong when deciding between beta and vcr, too!

Tattered 'n Worn

Vintage Milly said...

Wow this is great advice Roberta, thanks for sharing, I will be back to check this out again to try and make a blinkie of my own,
hugs,
Em.x

Unknown said...

Most welcome gals. I am going to be posting instructions on how to make a background with your own artwork some time soon. XO

Linda Wescott said...

Great Tutorial, if you can post one on how to turn on your brain, I might be able to actually do it lol. Thanks for the time you've taken and your clear instructions, I'll let you know if I get one made. Looking forward to your creating backgrounds tute. I've passes a link to your site to a few by email, as ill health has meant I've had to shut my blog down for a while. Hugs lin

Unknown said...

Roberta, thank you so much for this tutorial. it's great. i wish i had photoshop and knew how to use it. i've tried it before. i'm pretty computer literate, but it just threw me for a loop. i looooove your blog and your work.

Unknown said...

I'm soooooooooooooo waiting to hear how to make my own blog background! :D

Unknown said...

Hi there! Thank you so much for this tutorial! I have been searching for a good one EVERYWHERE! In order to add the blogs I love to my own blog do I just save their blinkie image into my pictures and then add them that way to my blog? Sorry - I'm new to this ;)

Thank you in advance! Hope you'll check out my art blog as well! xoxox ~ Karah

Unknown said...

You have to copy the code that is in the text box under the blinkie and paste it into an html gadget box. If you are making a blinkie for yourself and you don't want to share it which why wouldn't you want people to scoop your blinkie then you leave off the second section of code. I hope that makes sense.

email me if you have trouble Karah!