Saturday, May 14, 2011

Times they are a changing...

Well, I haven't been around here much, I know. I have been waylayed by cards and stamps. I am a fickle girl, prone to taking flight on a breeze. An amazing opportunity fell suddenly into my lap just before Christmas. I was selected for a public art installation at a local library. I want to share with you my journey through a 25-16"x16" canvas installation.

I was collaborating with a wonderful local artist, Denise Prefontaine. Of the 25 canvases, 17 were mine. The remaining 8 were Denise's, the 8 silk screened canvas with the quotes on them.

Here is a little slideshow of The Story Garden:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This photo slideshow generated with Smilebox

This experience really made me realize that I am missing something, I veered from my path with much to learn from and grow with along the way but now it is time to return to my dreams. Do you ever have those moments when you really feel like you can fly? You have so much to share and you feel like you're gonna burst! I am there. I have been sorting and organizing and changing my office back into a studio (it kinda became more of an office over time). I hope soon to be posting some new work, have started moving in new directions, and am intending on sharing some step by step photos as well.

Thanks for sticking around even though I haven't been around much. 

XOXO

1 comment:

Dale said...

absolutely beautiful. congratulations on such a wonderful installation.